What do Valerie Rockey from SYTYCD Season 11, Mallory Hagen, Miss America 2013, and some of today's top Tap Choreographers including Darryl Retter, Gregg Russell, Keith Clifton, Thommie Retter, Brooke Paulsen and Terry Lindholm have in common?
The Al Gilbert Tap Technique!
This is Al Gilbert’s original Grade 7 Tap Technique. There are OVER 50 Exercises on this CD that are designed to utilize the Close-To-The-Floor training from grade 6. At this point, your dancers are definitely at a solid advanced, pre-pro level in tap. Close-To-The-Floor Combinations such as Heel Shuffle, Heel Scuffle, and Heel Riffle are included here. Also, Al digs deep into riffs with Syncopated 7-Tap Riff, Riff Traveling Time Step, and 8, 12, & 14-Tap Riff Walks. Many wings and Pull Back Combinations to further strengthen your dancers ability to “Nerve Tap”.
In Grade 7, Al Gilbert presents steps such as:
- Double Pullback and Wing Combination
- Waltz Combinations
- Heel Riff Combinations
- Twisting Bombershay (or “Corkscrew”)
- Latin & Mambo Combinations
- Outside-Inside Cramp Roll Turn
- 5/4 Turn
- Barrel Roll Turns
- Renversé Turns
- Multiple Tap Pirouettes
Bonus offerings on all of Al Gilbert’s Tap Technique CD’s
- 3-Disc Bundle includes:
- Disc 1 – Vocal Instruction by AL Gilbert
- Disc 2 – Instrumental Tracks
- Disc 3 – Data Companion Disc includes
- Pdf file of notes. Simply insert into your CD/DVD Rom and view or print!
- iTunes-Ready tracks. Just drag the tracks into your iTunes Library, and now you have it all on your iPod. Ready for class!