Please download to a computer, not a mobile device.
Top Tunes For Tap, Vol. 2 by Al Gilbert, is a collection of 7 Tap Dances set to fully-orchestrate instrumental classics. Countless tappers used these songs during the height of tap dancing.
This collection includes:
- Chattanooga Shoeshine Boy was first performed by Red Foley and later covered greats such as Bing Crosby, Louise Armstrong, Frank Sinatra, and Faron Young. This is a fun Boogie-Woogie style, solid grade 3 dance (9-12-year-olds). 66 Meas. Time: 2:46
- I Want To Be Happy is from the Broadway musical "No No Nanette" and is a grade 5-6 high intermediate-advanced tap dance. This is a quick tap dance with some excellent stop-time. 96 Meas, Time: 1:58
- Lady Be Good, written by George Gershwin and initially performed by George and Ira Gershwin, was probably most remembered by Ella Fitzgerald's rendition in 1959. This version takes the classic ballad and breathes new life into it with Dixie-swing energy. The fast footwork and interesting tap patterns will challenge your solid grade 5 tap dancers. 86 Meas. Time: 2:10
- Little Rock Getaway was written by Joe Sullivan in 1935 and is a fast buck-style tap dance. Created for your grade 3 tappers, your 9–12-year-olds will enjoy this fast tap dance. This is also a great song for your adult tappers. 96 Meas. Time: 2:16
- My Blue Heaven was #1 on the charts for 26 weeks in 1928. Many artists have covered this song throughout the decades. We've taken this classic and created a disco version of it. Your grade 4 tappers will enjoy the groove, and your audience will remember the melody. 68 Meas. Time: 2:32
- The Band Played On is one of the best-known waltzes ever written. Created in the late 1800s, it resurged as the leading song in the movie "Strawberry Blonde," starring James Cagney in the mid-30s. This is an easy waltz dance for your grade 2 tap dancers (7-9-year-olds). 64 Meas. Time: 1:40
- Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams was initially recorded by Bing Crosby in 1931, then covered by artists such as Frank Sinatra, Doris Day, and Dean Martin. This is a honky-tonk tap dance for your intermediate, grade 4 tappers. 80 Meas. Time: 2:22
Download includes: (Music tracks are in iTunes file format. Drag and drop into your iTunes library)
- Seven tracks of music with vocal instruction by Al Gilbert
- Seven tracks of music for performances
- PDF files of notes
- Cover Art