What do Valerie Rockey from SYTYCD Season 11, Mallory Hagen, Miss America 2013, and some of today's top Tap Choreographers including Darryl Retter, Gregg Russell, Keith Clifton, Thommie Retter, Brooke Paulsen, and Terry Lindholm have in common?
The Al Gilbert Tap Technique!
This is the expanded and updated Al Gilbert Grade 5 Tap Technique set to contemporary music. Grade 5 builds on the foundation learned from Grade 4. This is the entry-level into the advanced tap. There are an amazing 82 Exercises on this level, including the introductions to Double Wings, Single Wings, Double Pullbacks, Toe Stands, and many “Close-To-The-Floor” steps.
In Grade 5, Al Gilbert presents steps such as:
- Shuffles in different patterns and directions
- Slap and Flap exercises
- Pendulum Riff Combinations
- Heel Shuffle Heel Combinations
- Pick-Up Progressions (Same and Changing) facing the barre
- Single, Double, and Cramp Roll Traveling Times Steps
- 6 & 7-Tap Riff Walks
- Maxi Ford Breaks
- Single-Count Drawback, and Syncopated Drawback
- Stamp and Stomp Combinations
- 14 Turns Across The Floor… And many more!!
Bonus offerings on all of Al Gilbert’s Tap Technique CD’s
- 3-Disc Bundle includes:
- Disc 1 – Vocal Instruction by AL Gilbert
- Disc 2 – Instrumental Tracks
- Disc 3 – Data Companion Disc includes
- A pdf file of notes. Simply insert into your CD/DVD Rom and view or print!
- iTunes-Ready tracks. Just drag the tracks into your iTunes Library, and now you have it all on your iPod. Ready for class!
The DVD companion is also available on DVDNT5, exclusively through MusicWorks!