Please download to a computer, not a mobile device.
What do Valerie Rockey from SYTYCD Season 11, Mallory Hagen, Miss America 2013, and some of today's top Tap Choreographers, including Darryl Retter, Gregg Russell, Keith Clifton, Thommie Retter, Brooke Paulsen, and Terry Lindholm, have in common?
The Al Gilbert Tap Technique!
This is Al Gilbert's original Grade 9 Tap Technique. Grade 9 is the highest level in the Al Gilbert Technique and offers 11 challenging exercises. Each exercise is created as a long, progressive conditioning workout. These Close-To-The-Floor combinations improve the speed of your tappers' feet. Those working on this level can be considered solid professional tap dancers. Mr. Gilbert presents intelligently laid out work to challenge tap dancers with "fast feet."
In Grade 9, Al Gilbert presents steps such as:
- Tap Warm-Up in Shuffles, Scuffles, and Riffles
- Variations in Flaps & Slaps
- Progressions on Double Pullback & Wing Time Step (Sing &Doub)
- Progressions on Double Pullback & Wing Time Step (Trip & Quad)
- Outside - Inside Big Turn
- Extensive Variations in Wings
- More Outside - Inside Big Turns
- Combination in 5/4 Time
- Nine Turns Across the Floor
- Latin Variation
- Eight Waltz Turns Across the Floor
- Vocal Instruction of each exercise by AL Gilbert
- Instrumental Tracks of each exercise
- PDF file of technique notes