Please download to a computer, not a mobile device.
A Musical Salute to Hollywood Stars by Al Gilbert includes ten tap dances and productions honoring the stars of the '40s and '50s. This compilation covers all the bases from Grade 1 song and tap dance to Advanced Grade 9. Instructional and performance tracks for each piece are included.
Included on A Musical Salute to Hollywood Stars:
- Get Happy is a grade 4 tap dance that Judy Garland originally recorded, and it became an instant classic! Musical Accents and Stop-Time are an exciting part of this song.
- Singin' In The Rain is a grade 4 tap dance and is in homage to a fantastic dancer, actor, singer, and TAPPER! Gene Kelly gave us this great classic. It's always a hit on every stage. Your 11-14-year-old dancers will love this classic. Time – 2:33
- Too Darn Hot was made famous by Ann Miller in the musical movie "Kiss Me, Kate." This grade 2 instrumental tap dance is a fun echo-style call-and-answer routine that your 7-10-year-olds will enjoy.
- Fred Astaire Medley is a grade 4 tap production that includes the songs "Cheek To Cheek," "Change Partners," "Putting On The Ritz," "Top Hat," "The Continental," "Shine On Your Shoes," and Stepping Out With My Baby." This song and dance is a great way to honor the legacy of a true artist, Actor, and especially Tapper! Time – 3:30
- Donald O'Connor Tap Medley is a grade 5 tap dance that includes the songs "Moses Supposes," "Good Morning," "Fit as a Fiddle," and "Make 'em Laugh"). These songs appeared in the movie "Singin' In The Rain." This song and dance is a tribute to the brilliance of an actor, singer, and fantastic tapper! Time – 2:55
- Sizzling Taps is a grade 6-7 tap with a unique tap style to honor Gregory Hines. Actor, Humanitarian, and Tapper Gregory Hines inspired many tappers to keep working on the craft. This dance routine is challenging, and your audience will be appropriately impressed. Time – 2:40
- Shirley Temple Medley In Tap is a Grade 1-2 tap dance for your 6-8-year-old tappers. This medley is an instrumental version of Shirley Temple's classic songs. Songs included are "Good Ship Lollipop," "Polly Wolly Doodle," and "When I Grow Up." Time – 3:49
- Debbie Reynolds performed the song "I Wanna Be Loved By You" in the movie "Three Little Words." However, it's the animated character Betty Boop that made it famous. This song & dance is a grade 1 level for your 4-6-year-old dancers. Time – 2:20
- Scarecrow Tap (A Tribute to Ray Bolger) is a medley of songs made famous by Ray Bolder. The medley includes the songs "Off To See The Wizard" from the movie The Wizard of Oz, "Once In Love With Amy" from the Broadway Musical Where's Charlie, and "Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe" from the movie The Harvey Girls, where Ray Bolger performed the song with Judy Garland. This song & dance is a fun grade 3 level tap routine. Time – 2:40
- Eleanor Powell performed the song "Hawaiian War Chant Hula" in the movie "Ship Ahoy" in the early 1940s. This routine is a tap version of the hula dance performed by her. This grade 3 tap dance will be a fun challenge for your 9-11-year-old tappers. Time – 2:22