Teacher's Guide to Turns by Janice Barringer offers a deep dive into "how to" teach as well as concepts on reaching your students.
What could be more valuable to the dancer than a DVD that not only describes and teaches a large variety of turns but also puts them into combinations with detailed explanations? Janice Barringer has a way of explaining moves that makes sense and "clicks" in our minds. After viewing this DVD, you will see your teaching improve. This class has enough material for years of training. Ms. Barringer's on-camera assistant is Allynne Noelle, Principal Los Angeles Ballet Company.
This product is a Video - Music - Notes bundle.
Turns included in this video:
- Traveling Steps such as piqué, soutenu, emboité and fouettés turns
- Turning Steps such as pas de bourrée, balancé, chassé, échappé en tournant etc
- Steps of Elevation that Turn
- A collection of Miscellaneous Turns
- Included on the disc is the notation of the technique class. Insert into the CD/DVD ROM of your computer to view or print.
- iTunes versions of all breakdowns are on the DVD. Drag the files into your iTunes library, and now you have the information on your iPod!