Please download to a computer, not a mobile device.
Salute to Broadway includes ten great Broadway instrumental medleys with choreography by Al Gilbert.
Songs and dances included in this compilation:
- George M Cohan is known for the song "Yankee Doodle Dandy." However, he wrote music that appeared in over 30 Broadway Musicals from 1901 to 1982. This medley of his work includes the songs "Give My Regards To Broadway," "Harrigan," "You're A Grand Old Flag," and, of course, "Yankee Doodle Dandy." This dance is a grade 2 Broadway-style Tap with Hat, Cane, and Flag *props. Time – 2:25
- Hello, Dolly Medley includes the instrumental songs "Elegance" and "Hello Dolly" from the ten times Tony Award-winning Broadway show, Hello Dolly. This dance is an exciting grade 3 level with a parasol *prop that your audience will love. Time – 2:30
- Gypsy Tap Medley includes the songs "Everything's Coming Up Roses," "Together Wherever We Go," and "Some People." Your students will love this high intermediate dance, and your audience will enjoy the recognizable classic Broadway tunes. Time – 2:27
- Ain't Misbehaven Medley includes the songs "This Joint is Jumpin'" & Honeysuckle Rose." These are two of the most recognizable Broadway songs written by Fats Waller! This dance will challenge your best tappers. Time – 2:16
- My Fair Lady Medley includes the songs "Accustomed to Your Face," "Street Where You Live," and the classic song everybody knows, "I Could Have Danced All Night." This dance is a delightful easy-going tap to this well-loved Broadway & Hollywood music. Time – 2:57
- Tapping To Mame is the classic title song to the Broadway show Mame. Angela Lansbury Initially played this song on Broadway in 1966. The movie was released In 1974, with Lucille Ball as Mame. This grade 3 tap dance will excite your dancers with its tempo changes. Time – 2:11
- The Boy Friend Medley includes the songs "The Boyfriend" & "Won't You Charleston with Me." This dance is a happy and exciting performance set on the French Riviera during the roaring '20s. The level of this tap dance is grade 4 (intermediate.) Time – 3:03
- Chicago Broadway Tap by Al Gilbert is a beautiful instrumental song that celebrates Chicago's Broadway Show with the same name. This mini medley includes "All That Jazz" and "Razzle Dazzle," two classics from the show. This grade 3 tap dance offers your students excellent education on Broadway classics, and your audience will enjoy the recognizable melodies. Time – 2:41
- Sweet Charity Medley In Tap includes the songs "Hey Big Spender," "Brass Band," and the classic "If My Friends Could See Me Now." This tap dance is a high-energy Grade 2 Broadway Medley with Boa, Baton, and Hat *Props. Time – 3:02
- No No Nannette Medley includes the songs "Take a Little One Step," "I Want To Be Happy," and the all-time classic "Tea For Two." This tap dance is at grade 3 (high beginner/low intermediate) and pays tribute to No No Nannette's Broadway show. Time – 2:22
- The performance version of each medley is an iTunes file. Drag and drop it into your iTunes library.
- Choreography notes as pdf file
*Props not included