Improving Dancers' Feet and Footwork by Janice Barringer offers a unique class for strengthening your dancer's feet. Proper footwork is difficult to achieve, whether in ballet or other dance forms.
In this video, Janice discusses:
- The structure of the foot
- The movements of the foot and ankle
- Half pointe versus three-quarter pointe
- Rolling through the foot
- A variety of foot movements that we see in battement tendu, battement dégagé, relevé, sauté, and piqué.
- Difficult feet and how to improve them
- Many exercises to improve footwork in this valuable class.
- Janice Barringer discusses the structure of the foot, metatarsals, arches, and toes, Flexibility of the ankle, Sickling and winging the foot, pointing or stretching the foot
- 6 Barre exercises and 3 Centre floor exercises to strengthen the feet
- Technique notes on disc as pdf file - Insert into your computer Rom-drive to view or print