This is the download version of the DVD/CD bundle. Please download to computer, not mobile device.
Beginning Jazz Technique by Darryl Retter was created for your for 7-10 year old dancers. This is the perfect way to begin the jazz program at your dance studio.
Darryl Retter has created a most valuable tool for the dance teacher with young jazz enthusiasts. A complete jazz class designed for the level 1 dancer, specifically aimed to train the 7-10 year old student. Broken into three separate sections, Beginner Jazz Technique encompasses a most comprehensive class, from basic warm up to movement that can be incorporated into actual choreography.
- Section One: Technique – Warm up, Plie & Passe, Floor Exercise. Darryl breaks down each exercise and explains its purpose. With front and side views, you can more thoroughly understand the technique.
- Section Two: Center Floor – With over 25 exercises, Darryl creates progressions as stepping-stones to take your dancers from the basics to the more challenging movement.
- Section Three: Across The Floor – This section deals with Chasse, Grapevine, Chaine Turn, Pivot Turn, Soutenu Turn and more. As in Center Floor, Across The Floor is presented as progressions.
- Video in-studio performances of all exercises as iTunes files (m4v). Simply drag and drop into your iTunes library
- Class-Ready songs in iTunes format (m4a, aac). Simply drag and drop into your iTunes library
- Choreography Notes
- Cover Art