Please download to a computer, not a mobile device.
Beginning Jazz Technique by Darryl Retter was created for your 7-10-year-old dancers. This is the perfect way to start the jazz program at your dance studio.
This is a Video/Music Bundle
Darryl Retter has created a valuable tool for dance teachers and young jazz enthusiasts. A complete jazz class designed for the level 1 dancer, specifically aimed to train the 7-10-year-old student. Broken into three separate sections, this Beginner Jazz Technique encompasses a comprehensive class, from essential warm-up to a movement that can be incorporated into actual choreography.
- Section One: Technique – Warm-up, Plie & Passe, Floor Exercise. Darryl breaks down each exercise and explains its purpose. With front and side views, you can more thoroughly understand the technique.
- Section Two: Center Floor – With over 25 exercises, Darryl creates progressions to take your dancers from the basics to the more challenging movement.
- Section Three: Across The Floor – This section deals with Chasse, Grapevine, Chaine Turn, Pivot Turn, Soutenu Turn, and more. As in Center Floor, Across The Floor is presented as progressions.
- Video in-studio performances of all exercises as iTunes files (m4v). You can drag and drop them into your iTunes library.
- Class-Ready songs in iTunes format (m4a, aac). You can drag and drop them into your iTunes library.
- Choreography Notes
- Cover Art