Beginning Jazz Technique by Darryl Retter was created for your 7-10-year-old dancers. This technique is the perfect way to start the jazz program at your dance studio.
Darryl Retter has created a valuable tool for dance teachers and young jazz enthusiasts. A complete jazz class designed for the level 1 dancer, specifically aimed to train the 7-10-year-old student. Broken into three separate sections, the Beginner Jazz Technique encompasses a comprehensive class, from basic warm-up to a movement that you can incorporate into your choreography.
This DVD/CD bundle includes the following:
- Section One: Technique – Warm up, Plie & Passe, Floor Exercise. Darryl breaks down each exercise and explains its purpose. With front and side views, you can more thoroughly understand the technique.
- Section Two: Center Floor – With over 25 exercises, Darryl creates progressions as stepping-stones to take your dancers from the basics to the more challenging movement.
- Section Three: Across The Floor – This section deals with Chasse, Grapevine, Chaine Turn, Pivot Turn, Soutenu Turn, and more. As in Center Floor, Across The Floor is presented as progressions.
- CD of music included – 16 Tracks!
- Enhanced CD includes notes as pdf files and iTunes files
- DVD includes notes as pdf files and iTunes video files. Drag them your iTunes library, and now you have the material in the classroom on your iPod.