Beginner & Lower Intermediate Pointe Class, as notated in "The Pointe Book," co-authored by Janice Barringer, offers a refreshing and relevant pointe class for your pointe students. Exercises provided in this video are taken directly from the pages of The Pointe Book. Janice explains each exercise, and then a talented teen ballet dancer demonstrates. Video Length - 1 Hour
This video includes sample exercises from the School of American Ballet (SAB) in NYC, Houston Ballet School, and The Ruth Page Center for the Arts in Chicago.
This Video/Music/Notation Bundle Includes: Please download to a computer, not a mobile device.
- Video of explanation and demonstration of 11 Pointe Exercises
- Music for each exercise - Pianist: John Gavalchin
- Technique Notation
Bonus - Before the class begins, Janice Barringer discusses:
- The Features of Pointe Shoes
- How To Fit Pointe Shoes
- Breaking in Your Pointe Shoes
- Sewing the Ribbon on Pointe Shoes
- Making Pointe Shoes Last Longer
- Tips for Preventing Pain
- Tips for Teaching Beginner Pointe