What do Valerie Rockey from SYTYCD Season 11, Mallory Hagen, Miss America 2013, and some of today's top Tap Choreographers including Darryl Retter, Gregg Russell, Keith Clifton, Thommie Retter, Brooke Paulsen and Terry Lindholm have in common?
The Al Gilbert Tap Technique!
This is the expanded and updated Al Gilbert Grade 6 Tap Technique set to contemporary music. Utilizing the “Close-To-The-Floor” concepts introduced in Grade 5, Al concentrates on quicker and more intricate tap patterns in Grade 6. There are 62 Exercises on this DVD including the introductions to Nerve Taps, Front (or “Thrust”) Wings, Single Pick-Ups (or “Pullbacks”), and a study of Syncopated Steps. Each DVD has been digitally re-mastered to improve sound quality, easy menu navigation for quick exercise selection and PDF notes on the disc. Simply insert disc into your computer CD/DVD Rom to view or print.
In Grade 6, Al Gilbert presents steps such as:
- Shuffles in Triplet Time
- Scuffles (or “Paradiddles”)
- Preparation for Nerve Tap Pirouette
- Cutaway Combinations… And many more!!
- Triple and Offbeat Triple Traveling Time Steps
- Wing Time Step
- Close-To-The-Floor Cramp Roll
- 11, 12, & 13-Tap Riff Walks
- Double Pullbacks in Four Directions
- 12 Turn Combinations… And many more!!
CD companion available on CDNT6, exclusively through MusicWorks!