Salute to Broadway includes 10 amazing Broadway instrumental medleys.
Enhanced CD includes:
- George M Cohan may be most remembered by the song, “Yankee Doodle Dandy”, however, he wrote music that appeared in over 30 Broadway Musicals from 1901-1982. This medley of his work includes the songs, “Give My Regards To Broadway”, “Harrigan”, “You're A Grand Old Flag”, and of course, “Yankee Doodle Dandy”. This is a grade 2 Broadway style Tap with Hat, Cane, and Flag *props. Time – 2:25
- Hello Dolly Medley includes the instrumental songs “Elegance” and “Hello Dolly” from the 10 times Tony Award winning Broadway show, Hello Dolly. This is an exiting grade 3 tap dance with parasol *prop that your audience will love. Time – 2:30
- Gypsy Tap Medley includes the songs, “Everything's Coming Up Roses”, “Together Wherever We Go”, and, “Some People”. Your students will love this high intermediate dance, and your audience will enjoy the recognizable classic Broadway tunes. Time – 2:27
- Ain’t Misbehaven Medley includes the songs, “This Joint is Jumpin'” & Honeysuckle Rose”. Two of the most recognizable Broadway songs written by Fats Waller! This dance will challenge your best tappers. Time – 2:16
- My Fair Lady Medley includes the songs, “Accustomed to Your Face”, “Street Where You Live”, and the classic song everybody knows, “I Could Have Danced All Night”. This is a delightful easy-going tap to this well loved Broadway & Hollywood music. Time – 2:57
- Tapping To Mame is the classic title song to the Broadway show, Mame. Originally played by Angela Lansbury, this show originally played Broadway in 1966. In 1974, the Movie was released with Lucille Ball as Mame. This grade 3 tap dance will excite your dancers with its tempo changes. Time – 2:11
- The Boy Friend Medley includes the songs "The Boyfriend" & "Won't You “Charleston with Me”. Set in the French Riviera in the roaring 20’s, this is a high energy and happy song and dance. The American version of this musical was Sandy Duncan’s Broadway debut. This is a grade 4 (high intermediate) tap dance. Time – 3:03
- Chicago Broadway Tap by Al Gilbert is a wonderful instrumental song that celebrates the Broadway Show, Chicago. This mini medley includes “All That Jazz” and “Razzle Dazzle”, two classics from the show. This grade 3 tap dance offers a great education to your students on these classics from Broadway, and your audience will enjoy the recognizable melodies. Time – 2:41
- Sweet Charity Medley In Tap includes the songs, “Hey Big Spender”, “Brass Band”, and the classic, “If My Friends Could See Me Now”. This is a high energy Grade 2 Broadway Tap Medley with Boa, Baton, Hat *Props. Time – 3:02
- No No Nannette Medley includes the songs, “Take a Little One Step”, “I Want To Be Happy”, and the all time classic, “Tea For Two”. This is a grade 3 Broadway Tap dance to pay tribute to this classic Broadway Show. Time – 2:22
Enhanced CD includes:
- Performance version of each medley.
- Choreography notes as pdf file. Insert disc into computer’s rom drive to view and print.
*Props not included