Please download to a computer, not a mobile device.
Improving Dancers' Feet and Footwork by Janice Barringer offers a unique class in strengthening your dancer's feet. Whether in ballet or other dance forms, proper footwork is difficult to achieve.
In this video, Janice discusses:
- The structure of the foot
- The movements of the foot and ankle
- Half pointe versus three-quarter pointe
- Rolling through the foot
- A variety of foot movements that we see in battement tendu, battement dégagé, relevé, sauté, and piqué.
- Difficult feet and how to improve them
- Many exercises to improve footwork in this valuable class.
- iTunes format video of Janice Barringer discussing the structure of the foot, metatarsals, arches, and toes, Flexibility of the ankle, Sickling and winging the foot, pointing or stretching the foot
- iTunes format video of 6 Barre exercises and 3 Centre floor exercises to strengthen the feet
- Play video files with iTunes or Quicktime
- Technique notes as pdf
- Cover Art