A Musical Salute to Hollywood Stars by Al Gilbert offers an amazing 10 tap dances and productions honoring the stars of the 40’s and 50’s. From Grade 1 song and tap to Advanced Grade 9, this compilation covers all the bases. This is a 2-CD-Disc bundle. Disc 1 offers vocal instruction; Disc 2 offers performance music.
Included on A Musical Salute to Hollywood Stars:
- Get Happy is a grade 4 tap and was originally recorded by Judy Garland and it became an instant classic! This instrumental version offers exciting accents and stop time. Classic choreography by Al Gilbert gives your dancers a fun challenge with this classic track!
- Singin' In The Rain is a grade 4 tap dance and is in homage to an amazing dancer, actor, singer, and TAPPER! Gene Kelly gave us this amazing classic it’s always a hit on every stage. Your 11-14 year old dancers will love this classic. Time – 2:33
- Too Darn Hot was made famous by Ann Miller in the musical movie, “Kiss Me Kate”. This grade 2 instrumental tap dance is a fun echo-style, call and answer routine that your 7-10 year olds will enjoy.
- Fred Astaire Medley is a grade 4 tap production that includes the songs, "Cheek To Cheek", "Change Partners", "Putting On The Ritz", "Top Hat", "The Continental", "Shine On Your Shoes", and Stepping Out With My Baby". This song and dance is a great way to honor the legacy of a true artist, Actor, and especially Tapper! Time – 3:30
- Donald O'Connor Tap Medley is a grade 5 tap dance that includes the songs “Moses Supposes”, “Good Morning”, “Fit as a Fiddle”, and “Make ‘em Laugh”). Each of thee songs appeared in the movie, “Singin’ In The Rain”. This song and dance is a tribute to the brilliance of an actor, singer, and amazing tapper! Time – 2:55
- Sizzling Taps is a grade 6-7 tap and offers a unique style of tap to honor Gregory Hines. Actor, Humanitarian, and most of all, Tapper, Gregory Hines inspired many tappers to keep working on the craft. This is definitely a challenging piece and your audience will be appropriately impressed. Time – 2:40
- Shirley Temple Medley In Tap is a Grade 1-2 tap dance for your 6-8 year old tappers. This is an instrumental of some of Shirley Temple’s classic songs. Songs included are “Good Ship Lollipop”, “Polly Wolly Doodle”, and “When I Grow Up”. Time – 3:49
- I Wanna Be Loved By You was performed by Debbie Reynolds in the movie, “Three Little Words”. But this song is remembered most by the animated character of the 1050’s, Betty Boop, and that’s the style of this version. This is a grade 1 song and tap dance - perfect for your 4-6 year old dancers. Time – 2:20
- Scarecrow Tap or A Tribute to Ray Bolger is a medley of song made famous by Ray Bolder including “Off To See The Wizard” from the movie The Wizard of Oz, “Once In Love With Amy” from the Broadway Musical Where’s Charlie, and “Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe” from the movie The Harvey Girls where Ray Bolger performed the song with Judy Garland. This is a fun grade 3 tap dance. Time – 2:40
- Hawaiian War Chant Hula was performed by Eleanor Powell in the movie, “Ship Ahoy” in the early 1940’s. This is a tap version of the hula dance performed by her. This grade 3 tap dance will be a fun challenge for your 9-11 year old tappers. Time – 2:22