Al Gilbert Tap Technique, Grade 1
What do Valerie Rockey from SYTYCD Season 11, Mallory Hagen, Miss America 2013, and some of today's top Tap Choreographers including Darryl Retter, Gregg Russell, Keith Clifton, Thommie Retter, Brooke Paulsen, and Terry Lindholm have in common?
The Al Gilbert Tap Technique!
There are OVER 50 Exercises and a 1-chorus dance routine on this level, designed as the entry-level of tap, perfect for your 4-6-year-old dancers. Grade 1 Tap Technique begins the foundational concepts of balance and understanding right & left. With the exercises at center floor, your dancers will strengthen basic movement and patterns. This beginning level tap class is well organized and takes the guesswork out of teaching first-time tappers. Each step is broken down in a systematic, foolproof way, making learning exact, easy, and fun!
In Grade 1, Al Gilbert presents steps such as:
- Slow Shuffles
- The difference between Hop and Jump
- Ball Change Variations
- Shuffle Jump… And many more!!
- Right & Left Exercises
- Boogie Woogie Combinations
- Jump Out-Jump In
- Shuffle Step
- Skips… And many more!!
Bonus offerings on all of Al Gilbert’s Tap Technique CD’s
- Pdf file of notes. Simply insert into your CD/DVD Rom and view or print!
- iTunes-Ready tracks. Just drag the tracks into your iTunes Library, and now you have it all on your iPod. Ready for class!